Tuesday 23 September 2008

Bruges and the Netherlands

Hey everyone! So here's a quick update before my computer dies...

We had an awesome time in Belgium. I had my fill of waffles, chocolate, and french fries, and I'm pretty sure I could live in Bruges. We spent our first two days in the Netherlands in Amsterdam, which was interesting. I learned quickly that "koffee" is what we would call coffee, and "coffee" not so much (not from experience tho, I promise :) ). We were going to walk through the red light district, but we had a change of plans and ended up visiting the Dutch Resistance Museum instead. Yesterday and today we've been able to explore Leiden
, which is a little college town just outside of Amsterdam. It's been fun, but the town is so small we've exhausted most of the things to do here. But tomorrow we'll hop on a plane and head to Stockholm, Finland, where there will be a whole bunch of new adventures to try.

Vespers, the worship service I am helping to lead as a part of my job as a chaplain, has been going well, we are finally starting to figure out the team dynamics. And this last time another couple from the hotel came and worshipped with us, which is awesome because it's becoming a ministry as well! I am really liking leading worship again.

I hope you all are doing well!

Ryan

No comments: